Saturday, April 13, 2013

As my idle mind ruminates


As my idle mind ruminates
An idle mind is not always a home for fertile imagination but weird thoughts. And, I stick to this thinking because it is what I believe in. Since nowadays, I’m busy most of the time; my mind wanders off to all imaginable and unimaginable events and places, at the easiest opportunity. I was thinking to myself, what if I could time travel to the past, where would I go, and what would I do?

My first stop would be to meet and discuss life with Ashoka the great; because I sincerely feel that introspection is one of the biggest strengths of any person. The fact that he did introspect, stop killing and offer penance is, according to me, one of the greatest acts of any blood seeking, kingdom expanding monarch.

The next stop definitely has to be India during the reign of Muhammad bin Tughlaq, how the hell did he manage to shift the entire population from Delhi to Daulatabad and back to Delhi again.

I would then head off to the midnight of August 14th 1947, to hear Pandit Nehru, give his famous ” Tryst with Destiny”  speech, to see India awaken to its freedom.  I would then happily join Martin Luther King as he inspires the world with his “I have a dream.”.the Wild West, an era that fascinates me till no end.

I would then travel through the mountains and valleys as the British did on the good old days when traffic was less and crowds were in the plains only. What a life I would lead as I would then be making a stop to the life of a benevolent, Bengalee zamindar who does nothing but attend famous parties, go for hunting rides and look for a rich life of great foods. As I visualize all this, and have just reached the 21st century; the cell phone rings getting my feet back to terra firma. Sometimes I hate these modern wonders, I could have gone on and on. Well, maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment